[C320-list] Transmission oil change

JJ Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 15 10:54:07 PDT 2016

Those of you changing the tranny oil once a year are engaging in unnecessary time and effort. The engine manual calls for a transmission oil change every 150hr, unless the engine is new then after the first 50hr and every 150hr after that. There is really no advantage to changing lubricants more often than the manufacturer's recommendation; unless of course the lubricant has become contaminated somehow. The recommended lubricant for the transmission is SAE30 engine oil.cheersJohnM1999#574