[C320-list] What size compressor unit for refrigerator?

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 14:10:53 PDT 2016

My compressor unit sits in the aft port lazarette locker, almost underneath the gas locker.

Unfortunately it is far from moisture free and over the years (20!)  the unit base (mild steel)  has rusted away to almost nothing - just flakes really!
Amazingly it still works and I have managed to secure everything using some GRP. But its on borrowed time!

So i am looking to purchase a new unit and as I am four hours away from my boat could anyone tell me what size compressor unit I need - in fact should I maybe upgrade for better performance?

The current unit draws a fairly hefty 6amps when running and I am hoping a newer unit will be less power hungry.

On the plus side it never gets that hot here in Britain - an 80 degree day is a rarity, temperatures in “high summer” tend to be around high 70s but we do get the occasional ‘blast’ up to about 90 from time to time!

Thanks all

Graeme
#366, Jaskar, 1996
I work irregular hours and often write emails late in the evening and at weekends; that doesn’t mean I expect you to do the same; reply when convenient!