[C320-list] Refer evaporator replacement

jtamucci at comcast.net jtamucci at comcast.net
Sat Aug 20 13:01:30 PDT 2016

   Thanks to all that responded to my question on replacing the refer
   evaporator.  Running the copper tubing was my big concern.  Now that I
   know that there is a conduit between the ice box and the compressor I'm
   much less intimidated by the task at hand.  I also plan on tying on a
   1/8" line to the old copper line before I pull it back on through the
   box.  I'll then attach it to the new piping so with two people we can
   push and pull the new tubing through the conduit.
   I may wait until the boat is laid  up for the winter before I do the
   replacement and will take pictures and plan on submitting a tech
   article.  The old refer is still working as long as I shoot 134A into
   the compressor fitting every month.  I got the correct threaded fitting
   from the last HVAC service person that tried to find the leak but
   couldn't.  I don't have the gauges to measure the PSI, so all I do is
   squirt the 134A in until I here a hissing sound from the evaporator.
   Not professional but that revives it every time so far.
   Thanks Again!
   Joe Tamucci
   Andante  #619
   Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App