[C320-list] Jib Sheet Catching on Hatch

Ade Bateman bateman at acm.org
Mon Aug 29 11:42:43 PDT 2016

I think this is a common problem on many (most?) sailboats. When I'm working the bow
on the boat I race on (not a 320), one of my jobs is to make sure the lazy sheet is
clear of the forward hatch when the jib is unfurled (in the start sequence or before
dousing the kite, for example). This happens automatically if the trimmer remembers
to pull in the lazy sheet as the jib is deployed.