[C320-list] Scrapes on the keel/rudder?

Joel Krauska jkrauska at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:45:17 PDT 2016

My diver/bottom cleaner recently reported:

"There are several gouges and scrapes on the keel fin, some going through
the fiberglass and into the lead ballast. On the rudder, there is a
scrape/gouge on the lower tip of the rudder."

and

"I don't see any reason the damage is cause for immediate concern, but of
course any fiberglass damage below the waterline could result in
delamination or similar damage over time. Patching with underwater epoxy
can help in the short term, but there's no guarantee of making a truly
waterproof repair while in the water. "

I suspect this is due to a short time I had the boat at another marina in a
shallow berth at low tide.

Has anyone tried the in-water epoxy methods or have any insight in to how
urgent this may be?

Best,

Joel Krauska
Hull 802