[C320-list] New House Batteries

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Fri Dec 2 07:23:55 PST 2016

Ah Warren, but you are correct....
This is something that falls into the best 'Best Practices' category as opposed to do this or else...especially for banks with just 2 batteries.

It's not just the resistance of the cables, but internal resistance within the battery cells and it certainly is true that the more batteries in the bank, the larger the resistance. If you look on the Smart Gauge web site, they actually do a good job of showing the math (that pesky Ohms Law again).
Full disclosure, I happen to know that Mainesail wrote that piece for SG if I recall correctly.
The idea is to have the loads/charge come across all the cells as evenly as possible for *optimum* battery performance...

Sent from my iPad