[C320-list] Cockpit Speaker Placement

swampcreek42 swampcreek42 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 11:39:51 PST 2016

I have pretty much zeroed in on a stereo system, an Alpine mechless that will utilize RF remote system by way of RF signal reader plugged into the units steering wheel control port.    Now, speaker placement in cockpit. I would really like to mount box speakers under the observation seats (or rail seats as some call them) but mine have no holes in the rails for a wire run. Where are the holes placed in the boats that have these? I understand I'll drill between the mount point screws of the aft rail to get the wire into the rail, drill somewhere up under the seat for the wire to exit and then with a vacuum cleaner suck a messenger string through the rail. A with taped or tied to the string will then make the run. I just don't want to drill the rail under the seat in the wrong place and comprimize the integrity of the seat rail....Yeah, a little long winded.Bruce Hunter Nauti Time #719