[C320-list] AC through-hull

Dean Vermeire dean at vermeire.us
Wed Jan 27 10:45:31 PST 2016

Hi Chris,

We have #847 and have a 16K AC with the thru-hull just aft of the raw
water filter.  That is a convenient location, as others have said.

That being said, I personally would not recommend putting in another
thru-hull, unless you feel fairly certain that you will put in an AC or
you normally do not haul out (for the winter, etc. - I don't know where
you are).  If you do put one in, I'd put in a ball valve with a waste
port.  If you do have to winterize the AC while the boat is in the
water, the waste port comes in very handy for getting as much water as
possible out of the ball valve.  This somewhat depends on how much hose
you have between the ball valve and the strainer.  If it is too tight to
get the hose off of the ball valve easily, the waste port comes in
really handy.

Just my 2 cents.
Dean Vermeire