[C320-list] Xantrex TRUEcharge2 40-amp chargers - experiences?

B. Stumpp bstumpp at comcast.net
Fri Jul 1 08:24:02 PDT 2016

I replaced my working Guest 2-stage charger with a new Xantrex 3-stage 40
amp charger and the remote panel.  After only four years the Xantrex just
failed.  The Xantrex tech said these cannot be repaired.  Although I was not
happy with only getting four years out of the charger, a friend has one that
so far has lasted 10 years.  So I decided to get another Xantrex since it
should be a relatively easy replacement and I already had the remote panel
for the charger.  That was until I started reading reviews of the charger on
Westmarine.com.they are not stellar.

So, before looking for alternatives I would like to hear the experiences -
positive and negative - of others on this forum who have installed a Xantrex
charger.  Anyone?

Bruce Stumpp

Adventure, #647

Frog Mortar Creek, Maryland