[C320-list] Xantrex TRUEcharge2 40-amp chargers - experiences?

Jeff catalina at thehares.com
Fri Jul 1 09:27:47 PDT 2016

Bruce,

We have been using Charles chargers.  We had a 40a that was about 8 years old but got destroyed by last years lighting strike. We replaced it with a 60a Charles.  It was more reasonably priced than the comparable xantrex models.

It charges faster and doesn't have to work as hard as the 40, so I expect longer service.  It might serve you better to install a surge suppressor on the AC inlet, because I suspect that shore power quality might have some bearing on the service life of these chargers.

Jeff Hare

Sent from my iPad