[C320-list] Yanmar 3Gm30 typical fuel consumption?

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 05:51:07 PDT 2016

We just finished cruising for three weeks on the Chesapeake and accumulated over 50 hours of running time. Our tach (second one) doesn't work, nor the fuel gauge. The hour meter on the tach does work.

I shoot for five knots simply because the engine sounds right to me at that speed. From memory that would equate to somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500 RPM. We averaged .51 gph consistently with one run of .60 gph.

By the end of the cruise, I had become very confident in using ½ gph to calculate fuel level in the tank.

Thanks,
Chris Burti
Commitment, #867
Farmville, NC