[C320-list] Looking for information on a new jib

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 08:38:48 PDT 2016

Take a look at the Hood Vektron offering.  It's not a solution for all
budgets, but the fabric does cover a broad range of sailing applications
and is good value for the cruiser who would rather not be passed by all the
race boats.  We came by our suit from the previous owner and are quite
happy with them.  Also consider the offerings of your small local lofts.
We purchased a self tacking jib from the same loft that built our first
self tacker in the 80s.  The Millimeter fleet we sail with has been
supported by a similar loft for years.  Not a bad way to buy American.  One
of the advantages that you have with a Catalina design is the standard off
the shelf solutions that continue to be offered for reasonable prices.
With all these excellent choices, we can have it just about any way we
want.  Not a bad way to put money into that hole in the water we slave to
keep floating.  Fair winds.  Sail safe.  Pat