[C320-list] FLEX- O- FOLD PROPELLOR

sail-ability sail-ability sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 9 16:27:15 PDT 2016

   I have bought and installed a 16x11RH 2blade folding propellor on
   Luffin Life. I have significant vibration issues between 1300 and
   1800RPM; lower and higher RPMs are not an issue; no vibrations at all
   in reverse.. Anyone had a similar experience? FLEX O FOLD assures me
   that the props leave the factory with blades perfectly balanced and
   same weights. I believe this to be true as I'd get vibration in reverse
   if that was the problem. The cutless bearing was determined to be
   serviceable prior to installation and all 4 engine mounts have been
   inspected and found to be sound. I've gone below to inspect during a
   vibration event and the engine, tranny and prop shaft are not
   vibrating, the noise and vibrations are coming from outside the boat in
   the prop area. I like how the prop works and have noticed increased
   boat speed in low winds, which I expected. thoughts?

   JohnM

   1999#574 Luffin Life