[C320-list] new main sail

Dave Ouimette drouimette at aol.com
Sun Jul 10 18:20:41 PDT 2016

Warren,

Thanks for the advice.

Dave
Hull 174

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Updike <wupdike at hotmail.com>
To: C320-List <C320-List at Catalina320.com>
Sent: Sun, Jul 10, 2016 2:34 pm
Subject: Re: [C320-list] new main sail

I recently had a new main done by St Michaels Sails. Not cheap; but, done to my specs with quality materials. The sail was delivered to our marina and owner worked with me to install and check-out. We are very happy with this main sail.

I think Bacon will deliver a decent sail. Know that their sails are made overseas. They may use an offshore material that may not hold up as well. Ask them they will tell you where their sails are made and what material is used. For non-racing weekend sailors a Bacon sail may be just the ticket at an attractive price. Maybe someone else has experience with Bacon sails. I believe they are honest and reliable people. I'm not reluctant to do business with them.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay