[C320-list] Oil Pressure Alarm

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:56:49 PDT 2016

Pat

Yes, I had previously tried removing the wheel, but gave up thinking I
might need a wheel puller.   Today I was able to get the wheel to slide on
the arbor. So I think I'll be removing the wheel the next time I open the
box.  Probably that will be this fall when I take apart the whole engine
panel so I can repaint it, the paint is all buggered up and although it's
only cosmetic...it bugs me that it looks so crappy.

Warren

I had to apply similar techniques to get the old alarm off.   There is only
a switch on my Yanmar, no sender.  It actually looks like there is a spot
to install a sender, and the wiring harness has a sender connector.

So today I was able to check and confirmed that I have an intermittent
pressure switch.   If I short out the switch side terminal to ground I get
alarm and light.    At this point I'm a little stuck.  In order to replace
the switch I need to disconnect the wire from the switch.  It is a ring
terminal that appears to be badly corroded to the screw that holds it in.
When I turn the screw the ring turns, and there isn't enough slack in the
wire to allow it to spin.  I'm worried about cutting the wire and not
having enough left to reconnect a new terminal.    I guess I could just use
a butt connector but would like to avoid it.  Has anyone replaced their
pressure switch on a Yanmar 3GM30?

Troy and Kim Dunn
Hull #514