[C320-list] Lewmar port leaks

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:46:18 PDT 2016

Jamie

There is a screw under a cover on the inside of the dog latch.   Unscrew
the two pieces and you will find the oring on the outside piece.   Takes
about a minute to unscrew, clean, replace the oring.  I replaced the orings
on the cockpit windows and that seemed to fix a couple of small leaks
there, but nothing like you are describing.   The orings can be had for $6
or $7 on Amazon for a bag of 10.   They are 12mm ID and 2mm thick.  OD is
hence 16mm.  Generally they are specified by ID and thickness.   If this
works for you that would be fantastic.

If like me...you have to replace the portlight I want to second that you
will need more butyl tape around the curves than the straightaways.   I
found that 2 passes of flat tape around the whole fixture and then a third
pass over the curved parts (rounded?) did the trick.   If you want to err,
err on too much, not to little.   Clean up is a snap.   Make sure you visit
Mainsails web site and see his write up there for installing portlights
using bed it...very good.   pbase.com    Actually if you are the handy type
take a good look at that web site it is packed with a lot of great info.
 Full time cruisers seem to swear by bed it.

Troy