[C320-list] Mid-ship Cleat

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 11:04:48 PDT 2016

I have both (two Garhauer and one Schaefer) and prefer the Schaefer. Adding
a loop of 1/4" line to the pin made  far more useful. I move it from side
to side, forward and aft on the tracks and up and down  from the Genoa
track to the jib track on the cabin top. This proved farm re effective in
setting spring lines at the multitude of docks we experienced on our
cruise.

In addition, Commitment sails like a drunken bat when at anchor in any wind
over 5 knots. Using a rolling hitch to tie a spring line from the anchor
rode to a mid-ship cleat set well forward moderates that tendency greatly.

Chris Burti
Farmville, NC