[C320-list] Pedestal gauge panel "refinish"

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 04:17:42 PDT 2016

You can buy the facia material. It is a laminate sandwich with thin white layer on top of black. The engraving cuts away the white to reveal the black beneath. There are many commercial sign businesses that can supply and engrave for you. I have a friend who has a computer controlled router that is mounted on a flatbed and can do the same job using a vee shaped bit

However the laminate material is surprisingly expensive and my plan is to use plain white sheet material of same thickness and apply cut vinlyl lettering - the same as is used for vehicle sign writing and similar. Once again there are companies that will cut to order.

Hope that helps

Graeme. 366.

Sent from mobile: please excuse typos etc.!