[C320-list] Depth Transducer Offset

John Meyers jcmeyers7 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 15:11:42 PDT 2016

I appreciate Rick's commentary that risk is important. But I would prefer
accuracy over guessing, or approximation so that I didn't need to calculate
true depth in the case where, for example, the tide is going out and if I
don't get out of a bay with a bar or other obstruction I will end up on the
bottom in one place or the other. I would want to know if I have only an
inch of clearance rather than guessing  There could be a variety of
circumstances that require exact knowledge with out estimating.  If there
are waves then that needs to be taken in account for the up and down effect
for clearance.

Fortunately, here in Lake Michigan we don't have tide, (salt or sharks) to
deal with.

John Meyers
Muskegon MI, (most of the time)