[C320-list] Yanmar 3Gm30 typical fuel consumption?

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Tue Jun 7 05:24:21 PDT 2016

Jim,

This is not correct.  There is a 28 gallon tank listed at Catalina Direct
but I am very skeptical that it can be installed without significant
alterations to the boat.  The stock tank is 19 gallons in all the C320's as
far as I know.

If you're looking to replace the fuel tank and want more capacity, I have a
design on file at the tank mfgr for a 23 gallon tank that fits through the
aft cabin opening and doesn't interfere with the shelf in the starboard aft
locker.  The tank walls are thicker than the stock tank, the fuel pickup,
sender and shutoff are easier to reach.  You will need to modify wood frame
that keeps it from sliding around and allows you to strap it down.

I made a true scale model of the tank out of wood to find the largest tank
that would easily fit without having to alter any of the access paths.  I
have lots more details on this project.

-Jeff Hare
#809 Woodbine II