[C320-list] Insulation

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Sun Jun 19 06:23:27 PDT 2016

If you are talking about sound insulation then yes it's OK to operate
without that. A stock boat from the factory has no insulation at all,
but most owners have added some to try to reduce engine noise. However
it sounds like yours was not installed properly. The kit I purchased
from West Marine included some studs that were epoxied inside the covers
that are designed to hold the insulation in place even if the adhesive
fails.

Scott Thompson

Surprise, #653