[C320-list] Sending NEMA 0183 Data from Garmin Charplotter to Raymarine Autopilot

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Tue Jun 21 03:44:56 PDT 2016

Hello Angus,

Joe Tamucci replaced his ST-4000+ AP with an the Raymarine X-5 system back in 2010 sometime.  So, he's not referring to the control head you have.  The course computer is part of the X-5 package.  So, if you search the web a bit for that, you might be able to figure out if there's something in common or not.

This was from a post from him back then.
" I just replaced my Raymarine ST-4000 autopilot with an X-5.  Be aware the ring and retainer post on the wheel is larger in diameter and will interfere with the engine pod instrument panel (1999 model year #619).  Also, all wires must go to the computer.  Do not hook up the NMEA connection on the control head (as per Raymarine tech.)"

-Jeff Hare