[C320-list] Floods in OZ

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 22:04:18 PDT 2016

Well spotted, Chris
a strong Australia East Coast Low
which develops next to a strong High pressure system
will created havoc on-shore winds and swell ... I think the maximum swell
was up to 7 metres.
Sydney is about 500nm further north from this Tasmanian marina disaster.
Our Sydney coastal suburb of Collaroy NSW was hammered.

About 8 houses (built on the coastal foreshores), plus the Collaroy Surf
Club were left hanging ... one lost a swimming pool.

I know of no one who suffered damaged yachts or cruisers in the Sydney area.

These LOWS happen a few times a year. This one was exceptional in its
devastation.

As you would know, sailors must watch the weather and stay in port when
these are forecast ;o)

Regards from downunder

Bruce Stanley / formerly C320IA financial member

Now C36IA financial member.

*see:*

NSW weather: Drone captures Collaroy destruction - ABC News ...
<http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-06/nsw-weather-collaroy-beach-destruction-captured-by-drone/7481838>

www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-06/*nsw*-*weather*-*collaroy*
-beach...by.../7481838

1.

Jun 5, 2016 - *NSW weather*: Drone captures *Collaroy* destruction ...
Topics: *weather*, *storm*-*disaster*,*collaroy*-2097, *collaroy*
-beach-2097, *sydney*-2000, *nsw*.