[C320-list] Bimini recommendation

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 12:23:53 PST 2016

Greg, you don't say where you are. That's important because IMHO, the
installer needs to measure onboard and do the initial install.
When we bought the boat, it had an awning that attached to the back stays.
When we went for the bimini, we had it built for my height, 6'2", and
extended beyond the push pit rail. Also, short enough that it wouldn't
interfere with the boom when sailing. Also, it does not use any straps at
all. There are two rigid attachments on the push pit and two more with a
horizontal "knee." To fold it, the two rigid rods are freed via pins, and
the knee is opened allowing both fore and aft sections to fold to the back
stays. Takes about 10 min.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay