[C320-list] Questions about LPG tank refill, and removing the wheel

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri May 6 07:29:20 PDT 2016

Not one stamped on the tank. What I've found is the following:
	Cylinders are subject to recertification (also known as requalification) twelve years from their date of manufacture and every five years after that.

Dates are stamped on the tank. When recertified, it's my understanding a new date will be stamped.
Concerns for typical propane cylinders used for home grills are damage (dents), rust, faulty valve, etc. The type of 10lb aluminum cylinder found on the 320 is somewhat immune to these typical faults. Never the less, they are subject to recertification per the rule.
Retailers like Sam's Club, propane businesses, etc. very likely will check for the cert date on the tank and refuse to fill if expired. Others, like at gas stations may not check.
Any propane commercial supplier should be able to recertify your tank.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay