[C320-list] Hull #514

Bruce Hunter swampcreek42 at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 08:31:00 PDT 2016

Welcome to the club! If you see hull/sail #719 that'll be us, we're out if Rock Creek in Pasadena. You'll love this boat, it's about the perfect boat for the Chesapeake and surprisingly fast!
Bruce Hunter Nauti Time #719

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 8:41 PM, Troy Dunn<troutwarrior at gmail.com> wrote:   Hello all-

Thank you for all the great information and posts from fellow 320 owners.
My wife and I recently purchased Hull #514, and this 'forum' has been very
helpful throughout the purchase process and in answering some very basic
questions that might have elicited a chuckle or two from the crowd.

The previous owner of our boat treated her well, and we have relatively few
'projects' to attend to while we learn her quirks.  So far we've only been
able to get her out a couple of times since closing.  We nosed her out for
a couple of hours mid morning this Sunday but anyone who sails on the upper
Chesapeake can tell you it wasn't a good day to be out in an unfamiliar
vessel.

The only real project we must attend to relatively quickly is a starboard
opening port light that has just a tad of moisture in the surrounding
deck.  I think this probably means that our hull does not have a solid
fiberglass cut out for this port.  Before I pull the port and replace and
rebed a new port light I was wondering if anyone with a close hull number
can tell me if they have exposed core where these ports are?  Or do they
all have exposed core? I'm currently planning to remediate the core and use
epoxy to seal out moisture in the future.  I've been delaying this project
in anticipation of a prolonged project if I need to attend to any core
issues, but I need to get going soon.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Troy and Kim Dunn
Hull #514, (still working on the name)