[C320-list] Replacing lifeline stanchion

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:34:02 PDT 2016

Kirk, I'm sending directly to your address my article on gate stanchion repair. This one was a B%$ch. I ended up using hardened washers because the space was so tight I couldn't get a backing plate in there. Besides, the underside of the deck is thin, soft, and somewhat curved. It might have been better to fill it in flat and smooth with epoxy or something. However, you would have to be careful that you don't increase the thickness so much that the main stud is no longer long enough.
That said, it's been 4 years since and the stanchion is holding tight.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay