[C320-list] Need help on a filter

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 15:17:34 PDT 2016

Art, here is the filter info I have for our Perkins:
Fuel filter: Racor 220 Series R24S(2micron),
Engine fuel filter: Perkins 130366120, Fram 3627, NAPA 3386
Oil Filter: Perkins 140516990, Fram PH2951, NAPAGold 1348

As far as I know, there is nothing particular about the engine fuel filter. However, the Perking oil filter has a built-in bypass valve that insures oil flow should the filter become overloaded with debris. Thus, even should the filter fail, oil should continue to flow to prevent engine damage. I believe the Fram and NAPAGold filter I listed provide this bypass capability.

Auto supply stores, local or online, will have x-ref info to provide a filter compatible with the Perkins version.

You may order original Perkins parts from www.tadiesels.com or any authorized Perkins dealer. Check with them for the current Perkins part nos, as they have changed in the past.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay