[C320-list] New Tachometer

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Sat Sep 10 15:52:34 PDT 2016

Immediately after I did some puttering around the transmission of my 2007
Yanmar 3YM30, the tachometer stopped working.
As I put transmission in and out of gear it works momentarily. I assume I
have a loose wire on the engine pickup?
 I have read that the pickup comes from the alternator. Others say a
magnetic sensor by the flywheel (which is where I was working). Does anybody
know?

                                         +
Happy Sailing!          /||\
John                           / ||  \
                                  /    ||    \
                                /      ||      \
                              /        ||        \
                            /          ||          \
                          /            ||            \
                        /              ||              \
                      /                ||                \
                    /                  ||                  \
                  /                    || Hull 1118 \
                /                      ||                      \
              /                        ||                         \
            /     Catalina     ||                           \
          /     C320MKII    ||                             \
        /            2007         ||                                \
     \              Lake Guntersville, AL                    l_