[C320-list] hot water stench

Allan S Field allan.field at verizon.net
Fri Sep 16 13:26:24 PDT 2016

Smells like rotten eggs or sulfur?  I have had that before but resolve with putting bleach in the water tanks per the following formulas:

Shock Treatment – Add 8 ounces bleach to every 10 gallons of water.  Open all faucets and keep them open until water exiting smells like bleach.  Turn faucets off but leave pump on and the system pressurized.  Leave for 8-24 hours then flush tanks at least twice.

Drinking Water – ½ teaspoon of bleach for every 5 gallons of water.