[C320-list] repair

tharrison at innovations-plus.com tharrison at innovations-plus.com
Wed Sep 21 07:57:40 PDT 2016

Bill did you get this fixed?

Ted
 Hull 424

-----Original Message-----
From: C320-list [mailto:c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com] On Behalf Of Bill Lowe
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2016 9:38 AM
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Subject: [C320-list] repair

I have hull #1146 (2008) and last week end, a dock-mate in his Catalina 22 got out of control due to both his inexperience and very heavy wind and hit the transom area on my docked boat. He has acknowledged his mistake and has offered to pay for the small damage that was caused.

Here is where my terminology is lacking to describe the damaged area.  There are 2 raised vent intakes (?) , one on each side of the transom and he hit one of them and knocked out a chunk about the size of a half dollar. It appears that these units are attached to the transom and are not molded as part of the hull.  They have caulk sealing them to the boat. I'm not sure how they are actually attached but if they are removable, it would probably be cheaper to replace the damaged one rather than hiring someone to repair the fiberglass damage.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and if so, how hard would it be to remove/replace one?  If I knew how to attach his photos to this post, but I don't.

Thanks

Bill Lowe
Papillon #1146