[C320-list] Outhaul line length and diameter

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 12:22:07 PDT 2016

Irv

Excellent observation! We had reefing line through block but only because that's how it's always been and the picture in the manual shows it that way

But in practice we tend to head up into wind to reef (or heave to) as that reduces pressure on sail and I'm not sure the mechanical advantage is needed - there's the additional friction too! Also the second reefing line doesn't have an equivalent!

Maybe the block would indeed be better used for the outhaul. Interesting thought.

Graeme
#366, 1996

Sent from mobile: please excuse typos etc.!