[C320-list] Launching "We Go Now"

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 3 14:04:25 PDT 2017

I'm sure you will go through the obvious items (batteries, etc) You don't mention the reason for your concern so I assume it is caution after a winter layup and the anxiety of having to deal with an immediate sea trial.
As the Hull History seems no longer to be available on the C320 website, I don't know which engine you have or if it has glow plugs. In any event, here is a procedure I follow when starting the engine for the first time each season: shut-off fuel, crank engine for 10 seconds, this starts the oil moving through valves and cylinders and warms up the cylinders a bit. Then, start as you would normally.
Older engines with lower compression ratios used glow plugs to warm the cylinders. Newer, high compression engines, supposedly don't need them.
BTW, on the website hull roster, #361 is still listed to Paul Weikel.
Where on Middle River will "We Go Now" be slipped? We are in Maryland Marina on Frog Mortar Creek and now have 4 320's.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay