[C320-list] GFO Packing

Marek Fluder marekf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 05:59:33 PDT 2017

Ted,

I would be comfortable having at least 4 threads engaged.
Mainsail has good info on this:
http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/stuffing_box
Have you used 1/4" packing?
My manual says 2 rings of 1/4" packing and that is what I did.
No grease on packing but some lanocote on the threads.
It is fairly sensitive to adjustment - a bit too loose and too much drip, a
bit too tight and it gets worm.
It's all about finding the balance without too much tinkering.

Marek
C320 #1028
Lake Ontario