[C320-list] Engine water temp problem

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Thu Apr 6 15:50:44 PDT 2017

Allan, you might want to check whether you actually got it from Yanmar or
from Seaward...

The standard Yanmar one for the 3GM30F engine isn't (typically) compatible
with the Catalina engine instrument pod's temp gauge.  The stock yanmar
sender unit is typically compatible with the stock yanmar engine panel's
temp gauge.  The one on Catalina yachts is typically a Stuart Warner unit
with a max temp of 240 degrees.  The resistance range is 240ohms -> 33ohms.

Catalina Direct carries it as does Doug Igarashi (digarashi at earthlink.net)
who as far as I know still sells the original Seaward line of products.  I
rather suspect CD gets them from Doug...

Worth looking into before running down to your local yanmar dealer (who will
almost certainly sell you the wrong part).

-Jeff Hare