[C320-list] Crack Between Hull and Keel

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 15:35:38 PDT 2017

Warren-
Thanks for your feedback.  I believe most of the boat weight was on the keel in the cradle. How can you know for sure, unless the keel would be suspended in the air when on the cradle (which would be obvious)?
We were able to turn most of the keel bolts slightly.....none "greatly" that might suggest a problem. However, there was uncertainty about the correct bolt torque and they still may be too loose. The seller did not want us to torque more than 100 ft. lbs. and yet there was some feedback on the association posts that it should be 230 ft. lbs.
I do not believe keel bolts are pulling out.  Aren't the bottom of the bolts actually L-shaped and embedded in the lead?
I am talking with others about resolving this so that we approach it in the most logical manner.  Part of this problem may be in the design......I think I saw diagrams that showed the keel bolts don't extend as far aft in the keel as may be needed.  I don't want to throw money at it and have it repeated.  That is why I asked about it in this forum too.