[C320-list] Motor Mounts - Yanmar 3GM30

david.allred at verizon.net david.allred at verizon.net
Tue Aug 15 13:20:31 PDT 2017

I replaced all four of my motor mounts on my 2000 C320 two years ago.  I bought the original equipment mounts from Yanmar (two years before I actually replaced them) and I think the cost was around $400.  I did the work myself, and not being particularly handy, I probably spent 20 hours or maybe more for the whole project.  I'm guessing someone who knows what they are doing could do it in less than half that time, maybe much less time.  I found that carefully outlining the original mounts on the stringers with a Sharpie and counting the exact number of threads before loosening the bolts that attach the motor to the mounts made realigning the shaft much easier.  I raised the motor from the motor mounts with the screw jack from my Honda (twice-one on each side) with a 1x6 piece of wood on top to distribute the weight across the bottom of the motor.  It worked for me, but I'd likely pay someone to do it in the future.  If your estimate was under $1,000, I would definitely pay someone to do it.
DLA