[C320-list] Microwave Solution Found

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 27 18:55:16 PDT 2017

Thanks Rich for the update/measurements about ventilation.  Your analysis suggests that ventilation is only marginally impacted by removing the feet and reducing air flow underneath.  However, I wonder what would happen when you would try to cook something that might take +10 minutes on high?
I have not yet installed the Danby replacement I purchased.  I may look at whether I could add vents through the underlying shelf to improve the setup.  I'd appreciate any more specifics you could offer about adding more holes in the front, bottom for added ventilation.
An update about an extended warranty.  I did not buy it on Amazon when I could have (could have been good/inexpensive insurance for the front glass problem some people have noted).  Amazon would not add the extended warranty when I recontacted them before I received the new unit.   They said wait to get the paperwork with the unit, then pursue it that way.  However, when I registered the original warranty online with Danby, the web site said no extended warranty was available for the unit.
Dave Hupe1994 Hull #32 - "Mayan Sun"Holland, MI