[C320-list] Installation of Raymarine EVO-100

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 01:09:02 PST 2017

The ram disengages with an electric clutch. It’s fail:passive , ie loss of power releases the clutch
Even when engaged it can be overpowered in an emergency (so Raymarine told me anyway) although that may damage it
It can be physically disengaged-quickly- below decks  by removing a simple R-pin and lifting the end of the ram off the tiller pin
It uses a separate filler arm attached to the rudder shaft. If your steering cables break you can thus still steer the boat using the autopilot
Steering angle is indeed slightly restricted. This makes virtually no difference going ahead but makes the boat slower to react when steering astern
HTH
Graeme

Sent from mobile: please excuse typos etc.!