[C320-list] Installation of Raymarine EVO-100

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 04:28:53 PST 2017

Obviously you should check the integrity of the cabling between the existing RG and the autopilot control head before replacing it. It may simply be a bad connection of the cable got trapped and broken somweher en route.

The RG needs to be sited away from large lumps of iron or steel (i.e. engine!) or elctrical and magnetic interference for best results.

Conversely, when we had the new RG installed with the SPX5, the installer simply used the existomg housing and cabling from the ST4000 and replaced the “gubbins” inside the housing, new for old. saved hours of installation problems as in our case the cabling was good.

Graeme