[C320-list] Battery Charger

Richard Walker dickwalker at att.net
Sat Dec 16 11:44:14 PST 2017

Give me a call.

Dick Walker
C-320 # 687
740 Olive Ave.
Coronado, CA 92118
619.435.8986

-----Original Message-----
From: C320-list [mailto:c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com] On Behalf
Of Crosby Roper
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2017 11:19 AM
To: c320-list at lists.catalina320.com
Subject: [C320-list] Battery Charger

Hi all,

My Charles 5000SP spontaneously combusted inexplicably  last weak. When I
called Charles about it, the seemed to think this was not unusual- a
Chinese-made part was to blame they said. Fortunately, the fire was limited
to the unit itself and aside from some smoke residue in the port settee,
there is no apparent damage. Charles cannot ship to California anymore (CA
EPA rules) so I am looking for a replacement charger. So far I have settled
on the Promariner ProNautic 12.30P. Does anyone have any experience with
this charger? I seem to remember an article in Practical sailor several
years ago that touted the Xantrex chargers. Any thoughts or comment on those
would be helpful.

Thanks, and happy holidays

Crosby  Roper VMD
s/v Tethys (#1054)