[C320-list] Website Changes

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Fri Jan 6 05:02:22 PST 2017

Hi All,

On behalf of David and myself (website team), we wanted to provide you with
an update on the Website:

* The new website is up and officially hosted at ( http://c320.org ). The
old web addresses now point to this.
* No association email addresses have changed.  Ie: the discussion list is
still at: c320-list at catalina320.com
* You can now browse through the c320-list discussions on the website's
homepage and see the latest posts.
* It's easier add photos to your photo album. Choose "Add Media" then Just
drag and drop.
* Members can private message each other on the website
* The site is a bit more Mobile device friendly now.
* We have sharing integration with Social media for Facebook, Google+,
Twitter and Pinterest now.
* Probably a lot more I've already forgotten.

What's coming:

* The styling will hopefully be getting a facelift, but since my artistry
skills are limited to stick animals, we could use a web designer to step up.
Hint hint...
* The menu redesign and site content reorganization is underway.
* Online membership signup and payments will once again be directly through
the website.
* Members will be permitted to compose and contribute new stories through
the website.
* We are  considering enabling an *optional* login (authentication) path
through any of the above social media platforms so that there is no
username/password required for members to access our website.
* We will begin the process of changing the discussion list over to Google
Groups so that photos can be attached and you can participate via email or
web browser. And even right through our website directly.  All the
discussion content will continue to be archived by the association and are
available to download.  The goal is that you may continue to participate
through email but may also post or reply from your web browser or mobile
app.

Please let us know what you'd like to see and we'll try to accommodate
requests.

Thanks,
Jeff Hare