[C320-list] Maint list

Scott Lagerquist lgrqst at aol.com
Wed Jan 18 07:00:40 PST 2017

I replaced the Acrilan in all three top hatches in early fall on Sea Esta, 1994, #39.  I watched a couple of Utube videos and went for it.  I bought the boat a little over a year ago and the previous owner had a replacement lens for the main salon large hatch (which was cracked). I installed that one and it went well and after a close look at the forward lens and head lens I saw a lot of spider cracks.  Tow approaches to buying replacements.  You can order them from an online retailer such as Catalinadirect.com or take the lenses out and have them fabricated at a local shop.  Because I had one from a retailer I decided to buy the other two from Catalina Direct to ensure the acrylic matched.  The Utube channel from Boatworks had a really good "how to" video and the old sealant came off with a razor blade and Isopropyl Alcohol.  I used a 99% solution from Walgreens and it worked great.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I chose the GE window glaze because it's highly rated and bonds to the acrylic and frame easily and without a second product for prep.

Good luck!
Scott Lagerquist
"Sea Esta" 1994, #39
San Diego CA