[C320-list] Maxwell 500 Anchor windlass maint question

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Sun Jan 22 11:34:21 PST 2017

Graeme: Since you seem to have gotten into the guts of the motor I'm
wondering about two things. First, is it possible to remove the motor
without removing the entire unit? In case it matters I have cut off the
fiberglass panel that normally blocks access and seems to serve no
purpose, per pictures from Jeff Hare. (I did this in order to facilitate
installation of a washdown pump.)

Second, Are there any tips about servicing the motor? Last time I was in
there it seemed as if the studs on which the power cables mount were a
bit loose. That is, they seemed to turn a bit when I torqued the nut
securing the cables to the studs. It looked like I would have to take
the motor apart to tighten them.

Scott