[C320-list] Perkins impeller

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:07:46 PST 2017

There may be a misunderstanding here. The Perkins M30 is a British product. In 1994, when ours was new, Detroit Diesel was the US service and support agent. At some point there was a problem, Catalina dumped Perkins and went to the Westerbeke (I think.) There was a new US agent at the time.

The Perkins engine block is actually a Kubota block used in tractors, pumps, and other applications. Perkins marinized it by adding raw water pump, transmission, heat exchanger, alternator, and etc., and called it the M30. The "KD" in the model code designates it the Perkins 103-10 family. The letter "J" at the end designates mfg as Japan.

Google "perkins serial number lookup" to find decoders for the serial nos.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay