[C320-list] Fuel sending gauge/TANK

Ade Bateman ade.bateman at outlook.com
Tue Jul 4 13:19:12 PDT 2017

> On Tue, Jul 04, 2017 at 12:27:10, sail-ability sail-ability wrote:
>    When the tank is removed (thru the  aft cabin hatch) does the tank need
>    to be completely empty to avoid spills? I'm planning on removing my
>    tank the end of this season to have it cleaned and inspected. If it is
>    serviceable I'll just put it back.

I used a hand pump to empty mine before removing it but there was still a
fair bit of fuel left inside (a few pints certainly). Nothing spilled so I
think, with care, you can remove with a little fuel still in there. The
weight of tank plus fuel might be the biggest issue. There isn't much
space to navigate the tank in and move it to the aft cabin hatch and any
extra weight is going to make this much harder.

Ade.