[C320-list] Stalling Engine

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Tue Jul 11 09:17:12 PDT 2017

Hi Chris - it would be helpful to let us know what type of engine you
have. Based on your comments about the fuel lift pump, some might infer
that you have a Perkins diesel, because the Yanmar has a mechanical pump
that runs as long as the engine is turning.

There are very few things that would stop a diesel. They do not need
spark, therefore as long as they are getting a good supply of fuel and
air, they usually keep running. I would focus on that fuel pump if it's
electric...  The fact that you have an intermittent problem that
prevented you from even getting it to turn over, I would suspect a
wiring problem between the engine control panel in the cockpit and the
engine.

I have a Yanmar, so I have no further guidance.

Thanks,
--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us