[C320-list] Adler-Barbour Cold Machine Compressor and Cooling Fan

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 19:21:13 PDT 2017

Mark-

That is my experience too with my Adler-Barbour "Cold Machine" refrigerator (the compressor is very quiet compared to the nearby cooling fan).

In a related matter, when I first tried my refrigerator, it ran (the compressor only....quietly) and got cold, but the cooling fan didn't run which I figured was not right. In looking at my refrigerator manual, it appeared that the fan should run continuously anytime the compressor is running.  I researched replacement fans [4.68" (or 120mm) square by 1" (or 25 mm) thick "muffin" fan] and located this inexpensive one from Jameco Electronics for $9 plus shipping which installed without incident (although hard to do inside the confines of the rear compartment) and has run perfectly since https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&freeText=2170927&langId=-1&productId=2170927&storeId=10001&krypto=fIN5Q673zDAP8XJ79wLl72l3xJYnRJ1iI1V1Srx31wLXxHH33Jr4t8aRHJdrUK9PaSgN5uxxfeibP30je2tXy9NyLjxzT69qPvheOj7wAfc%3D&ddkey=https%3AStoreCatalogDrillDownView

I spliced the existing feed wires with the terminals from the circuit board to the wire leads on the new fan and the physical mount holes lined up perfectly.

Dave Hupe
1994 320 (Hull #32)
Holland, MI