[C320-list] Speed paddle transducer & NMEA 2000

Ade Bateman ade.bateman at outlook.com
Fri Jul 21 16:00:29 PDT 2017

> On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 12:14:05, Mark Gillingham wrote:
> Where have you installed the multiplexer?  Do you connect each network to it
> and does the crosstalk translation?

I have it installed on the forward bulkhead in the port lazarette. It is wired
into SeaTalk for the legacy instruments, connected to a GPS with NMEA-0183,
and linked to Raymarine wireless network (also with NMEA-0183). It translates
in both directions. I rigged this up because the old wind instrument failed
and I still use the old wind display at the wheel - the multiplexer translates
the wind readings from the wireless system onto the old SeaTalk system. I plan
to also connect and AIS radio and chart plotter when I upgrade to include those.

Cheers,

Ade.