[C320-list] Engine knock

Daniel Kolean dkolean60 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 11:54:19 PDT 2017

As we were motoring yesterday the engine started to knock. Quickly shut it down, got a tow off the lake. Ran at idle and decompressed one cylinder at a time. Determined the knock is in center cylinder (Yanmar 3gm30f). Rod bearing, wrist pin, cracked piston or ring? Anyone ever experience such a sad event with their Yanmar? 1170 hours, ran great, no smoke, oil actually stays real clean after a change. I searched our forum and couldn't find anyone who had problems like this. Engine is getting pulled Monday and we'll drop the oil pan and look at the bottom end, then the head and see how the top looks. To be continued.....

Sent from my iPhone